Getting to the lodge
Yasuní Kichwa Lodge is located on the banks of the Napo River. Upon a thirty-minute flight to Coca, also known as Francisco de Orellana (a new highway makes it possible to drive the distance in around 5 hours), visitors will board motorized canoes that navigate two hours downstream to our destination, the Añangu community and the lodging quarters of Yasuní Kichwa Ecolodge.
QUITO – COCA
Línea aérea: TAME – Vuelo N º 211
Hora salida: 10:30 am
Llegada: 11:10 am
COCA – QUITO
Línea aérea: TAME – Vuelo N º 212
Hora salida: 11:30 am
Llegada: 12:30 am
Por favor encontrarse una hora antes en la puerta de embarque nacional, el departamento de operaciones aguardará por usted para proporcionar las tarjetas de embarque y le ayudará a registrarse.
Los dias sabados contamos con horarios diferentes, por favor contactese con nosotros para entregarle esta informacion.
WHAT TO BRING
- Good binoculars for wildlife viewing 8×35 mm*
- Camera/video gear (if using film, lower ASA for open areas (50 or 100), higher ASA for forest (400 and up). [24 hour electricity (110v) is available for charging batteries and digital equipment.]
- Clothing: Two or three pairs of lightweight long pants. Two or three long-sleeved lightweight shirts. Two or three T-shirts. One or two pairs of shorts (mostly for around the lodge). Lightweight sweater or jacket. Raingear (if you prefer not to use the ponchos provided). Three or four pairs of long cotton socks (long)*. One pair of sneakers and/or hiking boots. Sandals (Teva type or similar for around the lodge). A hat for sun protection (and that will stay on during windy boat rides). Take in consideration that bright colors might scare the animals.
- Small day pack for excursions. Zip lock-type plastic bags to cover optics or other gear.
- Insect repellent (Skin-so-soft or DEET product with at least 20% concentration). No inflammable sprays as they are not allowed by the airline. Sunscreen lotion with a high SPF factor.
- Flashlight or headlamp bright enough for use on night walks.
- Personal toiletries and medications (carry medications with you when arriving and leaving the lodge).
- Extra batteries/film/video tapes as appropriate.
- Original passport (always good to have while traveling).
- Credit card Visa, MasterCard and Diners for bar bills and cash (US$) for handicraft purchases.